Hot Water film competition - CLOSED
The theme was water. It could be a celebration of the planet's oceans, rivers and streams, or anything H2O-related that grabbed the participants imagination. The competition's called Hot Water to highlight water as the world's most precious resource.
The winning films were screened at the British Film Institute (BFI) on London's famous South Bank on November 26 2013.
Length of film: 50 seconds, the length of a TV advert.
Open to: young people and students between the age of 4 and 25
Competition is now closed. Oct 30 2013
Meet our Judges.
Check out the video entries
NB some entries are not public so are not showing in the video gallery. These films will be shared once the judging is finished and parents/ schools have given their permission to show the films in public.
Painting above: 'A Bigger Splash' by David Hockney.
Terms & Conditions
1. Entry form must be registered by an adult (over 18).
2. Age categories: 4yrs -11yrs, 12yrs – 16yrs, 17yrs – 25yrs.
3.In the case of a mixed age group, please take the oldest member of the film team and enter that category.
4.The competition will close midnight 30th October 2014.
5. Cool it World Ltd (Cool it Schools) reserves the right to refuse any entry at its sole discretion.
6.No entry may contain unlawful or potentially libellous, defamatory or disparaging material.
7.Cool it World Ltd also reserves the right at any time during the competition to remove or disqualify any film when it believes in its sole discretion that the entrant has: (i) infringed any third party’s copyright; (ii) does not comply with these Terms & Conditions; (iii) failed to obtain the necessary consents as set out in these Terms and Conditions
8. In order to enter a film, an entrant must first upload their film to You Tube or Vimeo.
9. All entrants must complete the online entry form supplying the appropriate YouTube or Vimeo URL.
10. Competition is open to international entries however they must be in English. Not all the prizes are available to international entries.
11.The film must not infringe the rights of privacy and publicity, copyright, trademarks or intellectual property rights of any person or organisation.
12. If any actor appearing in the film is a minor, the entrant shall obtain the necessary consent from the minor’s parent or legal guardian.
13.By entering this competition, entrants agree that Cool it Schools (Cool it World Ltd) may: (i) showcase their films on Cool it Schools website and any other media in connection with the Competition; (ii) use their names, likenesses, photographs, voices, sounds and/or biographical information and films for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
14.This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the Parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
15.Entering the Edible Films competition assumes you have read and agree to our terms and conditions - don't forget films must be 50 seconds or shorter:-) Good luck!